Human Resources and Operations Intern
The HR and Operations Intern will report directly to the Human Resources and Operations Coordinator & Human Resources Senior Manager. This role is instrumental in working with internal and external constinuents in an effort to achieve the overarching goal of granting wishes to every eligible child. This role supports day to day functions, adminstrative tasks and HR tasks. The role requires an ability to handle sensitive information and manage timelines.
This role is ideal for someone seeking a career in Human Resources, Non-profit Management and/or Operations Management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide coverage for the front desk and administrative support for the staff
- Assist with inventory and supply orders and restocking
- Assist with staff recognition and engagement initiatives, including pitching new ideas, planning events, and utilizing Canva for special announcements
- Assist with the recruitment process and applicant tracking
- Effectively contribute to volunteer onboarding and compliance procedures
- Prepare meeting agendas, staff communications and coordinate scheduling for Department, Team and Individual meetings
- Identify and make recommendations to streamline business practices
- Database processing as needed (i.e. data entry, queries / exports)
- Provide administrative, project and Mission Delivery, Brand, and Development support based on determined need
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc analysis.
This role values critical thinking, the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced enivornment, and strong organization skills. The individual(s) selected for this internship must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (i.e. Excel, Powerpoint), experience with large data sets and/or digital tools (i.e. Formstack, Salesforce).
An additional list of qualifications is required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships, initiate action, adjust to change, and persuade at all levels.
- Manage multiple tasks effectively and achieve objectives.
- Solid team player who provides stellar customer service in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential staff, donor and volunteer information.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn proprietary systems and tools quickly.
- Create compelling fact-based presentation in conclusion of internship.
- Must satisfy a minimum requirement of 100 hours
- Provide a short end-of-term presentation for staff members and other interns on your experience and what you learned during your internship.
- Improve interpersonal and professional skillset
- Learn to effectively multi-task.
- Learn to work well with others (both staff members and other interns).
- Gain a deep understanding of the non-profit sector.
- Be able to reflect both critically and constructively on your work as an intern for Make-A-Wish.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.