INTERIOR STYLING DESIGN ASSISTANT
New York, NY
The Copper Chair, LLC’s Internship program offers qualified candidates on-the-job training, working at a small interior styling boutique. Interns will work alongside our lead interior stylist to conceptualize new projects, as well as work on exciting design assignments already in development. We specialize in residential, e-design, home staging, and Airbnb interior styling projects.
Our projects range from online design concepts to actual on-site interior design styling projects.
We are looking for 1-2 interns to work with us on a new 2-3 month long design project.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with e-design concepts for client via Canva
- On-site assisting with the implementation of design concept for projects
- Assist with carrying décor items to and from
- Basic knowledge of simple power tools (drilling, stud-finding, basic use of hammer and screwdriver)
- Visiting project sites with lead stylist
- Assisting with performing site measurements
- Attend client meetings (mostly remote) and provide detailed meeting notes.
- Assist with design-related tasks such as mood board rendering, space planning, and material selection
- Currently enrolled in an interior design program, equivalent experience, or passion for design and styling!
- Motivated and ambitious
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Flexible productive and experienced working in teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a strong focus on customer service
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and Google Docs
- Basic knowledge of Canva, and Photoshop
- Able to meet deadlines and ensure accuracy for work produced
- Able to manage multiple tasks
This is an excellent opportunity to gain real-world experience. Typically, internships are for school credit, college credit. Will be happy to provide any letters of recommendation upon fulfillment of role.
*This is an unpaid internship.
We will only consider applicants with examples of their work! Either share your website, social media or include a PDF.
We are currently working remotely but have started meeting with clients at their service location. Everyone's safety is of utmost importance, and we are putting practices in place and will have a constant supply of all the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) on-hand to ensure that we are maintaining a strong safety culture.